ATTENTION BERKELEY LOOP RIDERS:
Due to a system error, many users were removed from the approved list
yesterday. If you were affected by this, please email email@example.com immediately.
We apologize for any inconveniences caused as a result --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------
How to access the Loop: If you are currently a DSP student, please contact DSP at 510-642-0518, firstname.lastname@example.org, or come to a drop in appointment Monday to Friday 11AM to 3PM for a referral to Campus Access Services. Non-DSP students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors please contact email@example.com or call 510-643-6456 for Loop approval
Frequently Asked Questions
WHERE ARE THE DESIGNATED LOOP STOPS?
Click image to expand
We implemented new Loop stops for the convenience and safety of the Loop drivers and riders. Choose your desired pick-up location and you'll receive a text or call with your designated Loop stop. You can download the Loop map at loop.berkeley.edu.
SERVICE AREA AND LOCATIONS
The Loop service serves specific stops around Berkeley's campus. When you choose your desired pickup and dropoff locations, you'll be assigned respective Loop stops.
For buildings on the edge of campus, the campus perimeter shuttle
is an option. The Loop service is bounded by these streets:
• Oxford Street
• Hearst Street
• Gayley-Piedmont Road
• Bancroft Ave
What are the different ways of requesting a Loop ride?
• Through our web request interface at loop.berkeley.edu
• Within the free Android or iPhone Berkeley Loop apps
How do I sign up for Loop? This is Multi Step Process.
1. Sign up using your valid @berkeley.edu email address (only valid @berkeley.edu accounts are authorized) at loop.berkeley.edu or within the Berkeley Loop app.
2. Enter the 3-digit verification code that gets sent to your email account.
3. If you are currently a DSP student, please contact DSP at 510-642-0518, firstname.lastname@example.org, or come to a drop in appointment Monday to Friday 11AM to 3PM for a referral to Campus Access Services.
Non-DSP students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors please contact email@example.com or call 510-643-6456 for Loop approval.
HOURS/DAYS OF OPERATION
Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
HOW CAN I REQUEST A RIDE?
It's as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Set your start location, end location, and special requests or comments for your Loop driver.
2. Get matched instantly to a Loop driver and track them coming your way in real-time on a map and get an estimated time of arrival. You will receive text or call notifications when you're assigned to a driver, next to be picked up, and when the driver arrives at your Loop stop.
3. Rate your ride and leave an optional feedback about your experience.
HOW DO I GIVE RIDECELL MY FEEDBACK?
Be sure to share with RideCell what you love or what improvements you’d like to see in the technology by sending them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’VE BEEN ASSIGNED TO A DRIVER?
You will be notified once you’ve been assigned to a driver (by call or SMS). You can also check out the web or app interfaces for real-time updates about your driver's location, and your request status.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY DRIVER TO PICK ME UP?
It depends on how busy the system is at any given time. The web and app interface will show you an average wait time of recent requests, which will give you a good idea of about how long it will take. Depending on how many requests are ahead of you, it could take between 5-20 minutes.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY DRIVER ARRIVES IF I DON’T HAVE A SMARTPHONE?
You can set up SMS or phone call notifications in your user profile online. Once these preferences are set, you will not need a smartphone to know when your driver has arrived. Instead, you will receive a basic call or SMS. You will be notified as long as the number we have on file is correct.
CAN I MAKE A REQUEST FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GET PICKED UP?
The service is reserved for your personal use. It is important to protect your own user profile by making requests only for yourself.
WHAT IS THE QUICKEST MODE OF REQUEST TO GET PICKED UP?
Making a request online or through the smartphone app will instantly add you to the queue of requests. This means that your info is transmitted, and you’ll be assigned a driver right away.
DOES CANCELLING MY REQUEST, AND THEN MAKING ANOTHER ONE, PUT ME AT THE BOTTOM OF THE REQUEST QUEUE?
Yes. Every time you cancel and resubmit a request, the process starts all over again. Your request will be put at the end of the queue.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL MY RIDE REQUEST?
To be fair to other riders and your Loop driver, it is important to cancel the request if you no longer need a ride. You can instantly cancel online or within the smartphone app.